Virginia – we have a problem! On November 5, of this year you will go to the polls to elect your State Governor and just last week, the Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli, won the Republican nomination – seriously? Not only did he win the nomination – but he did so by acclamation! What’s up with that?
Obviously, Virginians haven’t thought this through! Cuccinelli is an ultra-right ideologue with an agenda. And…if that isn’t enough, The Virginia Republican delegates selected E.W. Jackson for Cuccinelli’s Lt. Governor. Now, if that isn’t a pair to draw to!
Let’s look at this.
Cuccinelli is a pro-lifer who believes that life begins at conception. As a former Virginia Senator, good ole boy, Ken, introduced legislation that would prohibit children of illegal immigrants born in the U.S. from becoming citizens. Additionally, he believes that an inability to speak English in the workplace qualifies as grounds for termination.
He is a major 2nd Amendment advocate who believes that a person should only be disqualified for conceal carry permit by a court ruling based on the applicant’s past actions. So, I guess, if a person has a history of mental illness, but hasn’t committed a violent act YET, that person should be given a liscense to carry a firearm.
According to Cuccinelli, the only sex-education that should be taught in public schools is absitenance education.
As to homosexuality, Ken says, “My view is that homosexual acts, not homosexuality, but homosexual acts are wrong. They’re intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law based country it’s appropriate to have policies that reflect that. … They don’t comport with natural law. I happen to think that it represents (to put it politely; I need my thesaurus to be polite) behavior that is not healthy to an individual and in aggregate is not healthy to society.”
Additionally, Ken Cuccinelli is a friend of big oil and gas and very much against prioritizing any form of green energy. According to his Wikipedia profile:
“On February 16, 2010, Cuccinelli filed a request with the United States Environmental Protection Agency to reopen its proceeding regarding EPA’s finding that greenhouse gases endanger public health. He also sought judicial review of EPA’s finding in Federal court. His press statement explained, “We cannot allow unelected bureaucrats with political agendas to use falsified data to regulate American industry and drive our economy into the ground”.On March 19, Cuccinelli announced that the total number of states supporting Virginia’s position is now at least 15.
“On April 1, 2010, Cuccinelli announced he would challenge the March 2010 standards for fuel efficiency for cars and trucks finalized by the Obama administration and Environmental Protection Agency under the Clean Air Act.”
However, if those things don’t give Virginians a good enough reason to send Cuccinelli packing, looking at the agenda of E.W. Jackson should absolutely deliver the message.
Earl Walker Jackson, Sr. is a minister, an attorney, and a politician. He is the founder and current president of Staying True To America’s National Destiny (S.T.A.N.D., an ultra-conservative non-profit organization that’s dedicated to restoring America’s Judeo-Christian ethics.
Jackson claims that he was raised as a Democrat, but his religious views led him to “embrace conservatism.” In 2012, he recorded a video encouraging all African-Americans to leave the Democratic Party claiming that it had abandoned the values of the black community and that blacks had “developed a slavish devotion to the party.”
Jackson on gays and lesbians:
- Referred to gays and lesbians as “perverted,” “degenerate,” “spiritually darkened” and “frankly very sick people psychologically, mentally and emotionally.”
- Said regarding homosexuality: “it poisons culture, it destroys families, it destroys societies; it brings the judgment of God unlike very few things that we can think of.”
- Argued that gays seek to “sexualize [children] at the earliest possible age” and use “totalitarian” tactics.
- Claimed gays are hurting black women: “I’ve heard a lot of young black ladies that a lot of young black men seem to be gay. I’ve heard them complain about it, they say ‘so many of these guys are homosexuals’ and they are frankly frustrated by it.”
- Demanded the reinstitution of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell : “The military has been decimated by this lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender policy that has now been implemented. It’s an abomination and it’s only going to weaken us militarily and they need to undo it,” warning that the policy’s repeal is a “disaster of historic proportions.”
- Contended that homosexuality is “killing black men by the thousands” and said of gay rights advocates: “what they’re promoting is killing people.”
- Called GLSEN founder and anti-bullying activist Kevin Jennings a “radical homosexual activist” who should have been “imprisoned” in a letter demanding he resign as head of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools.
- Said there is a “direct connection” between gays and pedophilia.
Jackson on Obama and Democrats:
- Wondered how the Democratic Party “managed to hold on to black Christians in spite of an agenda worthy of the Antichrist.”
- Proclaimed that “the Democrat Party has shown itself to be anti-Christian, anti-Bible, anti-family, anti-life and anti-God… We’re calling people to come out of the Democrat Party and not support candidates who represent its values and the rebellion that it represents against God. That certainly would include President Barack Obama.”
- Claimed that Democratic Party supporters are “insulting their faith and blaspheming their God” by supporting a “coalition of the godless.”
- Warned that ministers who support Obama “are going to have to answer to God” if they encourage “their congregations to support this abomination.”
- Said Democrats believe “that the Bible is a lie and indeed they are saying that God is a liar.”
- Argued that “liberalism and their ideas have done more to kill black folks whom they claim so much to love than the Ku Klux Klan, lynching and slavery and Jim Crow ever did, now that’s a fact.”
- Maintained that Obama “seems to have a lot of sympathy for even radical Islam” and “clearly has Muslim sensibilities,” arguing that Obama “certainly does have a lot of affection and favor for Islam, that seems to be his priority…Christianity, I don’t really think about that with him, I really don’t, that’s a joke.”
- Compared Democratic leaders to “slave masters” who make sure that black people who disagree with them are “punished.”
- Insisted that Planned Parenthood “has been far more lethal to Black lives than the KKK ever was.”
- Predicted that African Americans will “overwhelmingly” vote against Obama as a result of his endorsement of marriage equality and a move of God to “stir the hearts of His people” and push them against the Democrats.
- Maintained that the President and First Lady are both Communist sympathizers who dislike America.
Now, I have to ask the question – “Is that REALLY what Virginians want representing them?